Asus has started rolling out Android 11 update for Asus ROG Phone 3. Asus ROG phone 3 was released last year on July 2020 with Android 10. And its the First Major Android OS update. Although its kind of late as Google already releasing its Android 12 beta updates. I guess it better late than never. And hoping they can release Next update in a better timely manner.
It is currently rolling out in phased manner with the European, Russia and other worldwide model with Model No ‘ZS661KS’ currently getting Android 11. The update brings No of Features and Changes including New ZenUI design, PowerMaster functions, revamped gallery, weather, settings and other apps. And other updates that comes with Android 11 as well.
- Upgraded system to Android 11
- Introduced new ZenUI design
- Revamped Mobile Manager, Contacts, Phone, File Manager, Calculator, Clock, Gallery, Weather, Sound recorder, Settings, Data Transfer, Local backup, Setup wizard, System update apps
- Support one-time permissions improved scoped storage, and auto revoke app permission+ Support to keep Bluetooth connection when airplane mode is activated+ Adjusted notification tray to Android 11 design. Support notification conversations
- Classic style of power button menu supports device control and Google Pay in Android 11
- Updated Style, Auto switch in System color scheme, advanced options for back gesture settings, and SIM card settings.
- Removed previous ASUS One-hand mode.
- Added Notification history and Bubbles settings
- Integrated PowerMaster features in Mobile Manager into Battery Settings
- Added PowerMaster functions in battery settings, such as slow charging, select charging limit, custom battery modes, Hibernate apps settings, and so on.
- Adjusted the Quick Settings panel design.
- Support media control function.
- Added Nearby Share tiles (Need to add manually).
- Added lock task, screenshot, share options after long-pressing the app icon of the task in the recent apps screen.
- Adjusted Calculator design to the latest Android style.
- Added “Show blocked calls in call log” option in Call log Settings of ASUS Phone
- Adjusted the size of status bar icons to keep visual consistency
- Added setting alarm by date and group alarm features in Clock
- Support new editing page in Gallery app
- Adjusted to new screenshot and screen recorder folders to fulfil Android 11 requirement
- Updated the default selection logic of data category in Data Transfer
- Adjusted the pages in the Setup wizard
- Adjusted options and update mechanism in system update setting
The update should be rolling out to more users in more countries in a phased manner. As usual always Backup important files before updates for your safety.
To check update manually goto Settings > System Update > Check.